It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Need help: RTC 2.0 Plan editor-Planned Items, & EclipseW

Jeff Miller (16142) | asked Mar 18 '10, 9:33 p.m.
Folks, I hope this is the right place to post this.

I'm having 2 problems with RTC 2.0.0.2/Windows XP. (It is installed in the same GUI as RDz 7.6, RSA 7.5.5 and HATS.)

1) On the Plan editor, Planned Items tab, I click the Show Sidebar button at the upper right and nothing happens. I'm flowing the Jazz Tutorial and in the Using Iteration Planning page it states that I should "Switch to the Planned Items tab of the Iteration Plan editor, and change the Group by to 'Owner'." But the Sidebar to do so won't display. Is there something I need to do to enable this?

2) I uploaded the EclipseWay process to my server and am using that process. I had initially set up the Agile process but I followed instructions at jazz.net to replace that (in place) with EclipseWay. All the items in the process related to status, such as "Fixed" or "Resolve" are showing up as "%EclipseWay.149" or "%EclipseWay.155." How do I get the proper text to display?

Thank you in advance,

- Jeff

2 answers

permanent link
Jeff Miller (16142) | answered Mar 19 '10, 9:29 a.m.
I solved problem 1) below. I had to create a new work item category and associate that with the Team area. Then when I went back into Plan > Planned Items all the team members were there and the sidebar was displayable. But problem 2) is still a problem. Does anyone know where I can find the text that corresponds to all those %EclipseWay.xxx values so I can at least see what I should be choosing when I (for example) create a new work item?

Thanks,

- Jeff

I'm having 2 problems with RTC 2.0.0.2/Windows XP. (It is installed in the same GUI as RDz 7.6, RSA 7.5.5 and HATS.)

1) On the Plan editor, Planned Items tab, I click the Show Sidebar button at the upper right and nothing happens. I'm flowing the Jazz Tutorial and in the Using Iteration Planning page it states that I should "Switch to the Planned Items tab of the Iteration Plan editor, and change the Group by to 'Owner'." But the Sidebar to do so won't display. Is there something I need to do to enable this?

2) I uploaded the EclipseWay process to my server and am using that process. I had initially set up the Agile process but I followed instructions at jazz.net to replace that (in place) with EclipseWay. All the items in the process related to status, such as "Fixed" or "Resolve" are showing up as "%EclipseWay.149" or "%EclipseWay.155." How do I get the proper text to display?

Thank you in advance,

- Jeff

permanent link
Jeff Miller (16142) | answered Mar 19 '10, 11:38 a.m.
OK, I found the text that matches the %EclipseWay.xxx to a meaningful string in the file eclipse.process.ibm.com\attachments\10.messages inside the process zip. But I still need these to display properly. Does anyone know how to make this work in RTC 2.0?

Thanks,

- Jeff

I solved problem 1) below. I had to create a new work item category and associate that with the Team area. Then when I went back into Plan > Planned Items all the team members were there and the sidebar was displayable. But problem 2) is still a problem. Does anyone know where I can find the text that corresponds to all those %EclipseWay.* values so I can at least see what I should be choosing when I (for example) create a new work item?

Thanks,

- Jeff

Thank you in advance,

- Jeff

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.