It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC plan mode - New attributes are missing in add column

Raviv Gal (2169) | asked Aug 18 '13, 2:35 p.m.
Hi,
I defined a new work-item type, and defined new attributes for it. All works fine in the "Work Item Editor".
When trying to define a new plan mode, using some of the new attributes, they do not apear in the "Add Column" list.

What am I missing?
Is it possible to add column to plan mode which is specific to one type of work-item?
What should be presented for other type of work-items?

I'm using CLM 4.0.1

Thanks,
Raviv Gal.

2 answers

permanent link
sam detweiler (12.5k6195201) | answered Aug 18 '13, 4:47 p.m.
Not all attribute types are supported in the plan view.
I do not know where the official list of attribute types can be found.

permanent link
Dinesh Kumar B (4.1k413) | answered Aug 18 '13, 6:51 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
you need to add the custom attribute in the Attribute Mappings section to make it available for listing as a column

Here is an article on Customizing the Agile Planning tools in Rational Team Concert 2.0 which explains the Attribute Mappings in plan and the information provided on how to add the custom attribute in attribute mapping is applicable for 4.0.3 as well.

with your project opened in Eclipse Client > Process Configuration > Configuration Data > Planning > Plan Attributes > Add your attributes to the Attribute Mappings.

Comments
Raviv Gal commented Aug 20 '13, 2:55 a.m.

Hi,
Thanks!
Did that. It worked for non-List type attribute (boolean, string, enumaration).
However, it seems that stringList and enumarationList are not supported for plan mode. Note that for "Resolved By" column, more than a single value is supported. 
Is it so? If so, is it on the plan to support? Is there a workaround?

These are the errors I get:

• The attribute type ('enumerationList$AAA') of the planning attribute,,,
  • he attribute type ('stringList') of the planning attribute...

Thanks,

Raviv.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.