It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Does RQM 2.0.0.1 support RFT 8.1.1?

Sterling Ferguson-II (1.6k10284270) | asked Feb 19 '10, 12:04 p.m.
I see that RFT has an upgrade, does it support RQM 2.0.0.1?

8 answers

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Feb 24 '10, 12:13 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
I see that RFT has an upgrade, does it support RQM 2.0.0.1?

Yes. Integration between RFT 8.1.1 and RQM 2.0.0.1 is supported.

permanent link
Mithila Nayak (8672) | answered Mar 04 '10, 1:27 a.m.
Hi,
We are currently running our scripts through RFT 8.0. I am trying to integrate RFT 8.0 with RQM 2.0.0.1. I don't see a project selection option on RQMAdaptor window. So what I understand is that all my scripts will get loaded to the default Quality Manager project area.

I know it works with RFT 8.1.

Can anyone tell me if RQM 2.0.0.1 works with RFT 8.0? Is there any workaround suggested to have a scripts in the respective project area's if I am using RFT 8.0?

Thanks,
Mithila

permanent link
Patrick Van Zandt (1.2k1) | answered Mar 04 '10, 1:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Mithila,

Officially, RQM 2.0.0.1 with RFT 8.0 (or 8.1) is not a supported pair for integration.
RQM 2.0.0.1 support is only available in RFT 8.1.1 and higher.

This document has a chart showing which version pairs are supported for integration: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27017504
(Scroll down to "Table 2: Integration of Rational Functional Tester with other Rational products").

In practice, you may find that it still works but such usage would be unsupported by IBM.

FYI...
RFT 8.0.0.2 introduced support for multiple RQM project areas. Reference: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21377449
If you are using an earlier (pre-8.0.0.2) version of the adapter, it will only work with the default "Quality Manager" project area. There is no known workaround to this limitation.

Out of curiosity: is there something preventing you from updating your RFT install to 8.1.1?

Regards,
Patrick

permanent link
Mithila Nayak (8672) | answered Mar 09 '10, 2:50 a.m.
Hi Patrick,
Thanks for your confirmation. We were facing couple of issues with RFT 8.1. Some of the objects were not getting identified, some of the issues were related to the java applets and so on.

We will try the upgrade again and get back to.

Regards,
Mithila

Hi Mithila,

Officially, RQM 2.0.0.1 with RFT 8.0 (or 8.1) is not a supported pair for integration.
RQM 2.0.0.1 support is only available in RFT 8.1.1 and higher.

This document has a chart showing which version pairs are supported for integration: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27017504
(Scroll down to "Table 2: Integration of Rational Functional Tester with other Rational products").

In practice, you may find that it still works but such usage would be unsupported by IBM.

FYI...
RFT 8.0.0.2 introduced support for multiple RQM project areas. Reference: http://www.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21377449
If you are using an earlier (pre-8.0.0.2) version of the adapter, it will only work with the default "Quality Manager" project area. There is no known workaround to this limitation.

Out of curiosity: is there something preventing you from updating your RFT install to 8.1.1?

Regards,
Patrick

permanent link
Nikhil Menon (16) | answered Apr 28 '10, 6:14 a.m.
hello patrick,

I have been trying to get the RFT-RQM integration done but no success...

I have now upgraded my RFT version from 8 to 8.1.1...

My RQM version is 2....

Is it that i won be able to integrate RFT 8.1.1 with RQM 2?? because whenever i reach the import scripts page, it detects the adapter and shows the scrippt...
but after selecting the scripts I am not able to import it because THERE IS NO IMPORT BUTTON!!!!!

Is this because I am using RQM 2 and should upgrade tp 2.0.0.2???
also I am using the trial version of RQM 2...

Kindly revert back at the earliest..
-

Nikhil

permanent link
Vaibhav Srivastava (2861) | answered May 05 '10, 4:04 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
hello patrick,

I have been trying to get the RFT-RQM integration done but no success...

I have now upgraded my RFT version from 8 to 8.1.1...

My RQM version is 2....

Is it that i won be able to integrate RFT 8.1.1 with RQM 2?? because whenever i reach the import scripts page, it detects the adapter and shows the scrippt...
but after selecting the scripts I am not able to import it because THERE IS NO IMPORT BUTTON!!!!!

also I am using the trial version of RQM 2...

Kindly revert back at the earliest..
-

Nikhil

Hi Nikhil,
Could you elaborate from where are you trying to import script?
Are you using 'Import Test Script' action from the flyout or are you importing the script inside the script editor?
-If Import Test Script is being used, Import Button appears on the right top corner of the tab.
-If you are using the script editor, then once you select the script in the dialog and press Finish, the script details should show up in the script editor. Once you save it, the details will be known to RQM.

Also, I am a little confused as you mentioned

RQM 2.0.0.2 does not exist, the latest release available in 2.0.0.1 builds is ifix05 which you could use.
As Patrick rightly mentions, please use http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg27017504 to see the supported version integrations.

Hope this helps
Vaibhav

permanent link
Nikhil Menon (16) | answered May 05 '10, 12:05 p.m.
hello vaibhav,

Thank you so much for the reply..

i upgraded my RFT version to 8.1 and RQM to 2.0.0.1

still i was facing issues since while selecting import scripts from the construction tab.. the import button was not to be seen......after selecting the adapter selecting the scripts...

but finally i upgraded my browswer.. IE6 to IE7.. coz IE6 doesn support RQM 2.0.0.1.. even RQM 1..

anyways once again thanks for the help.. :)

appreciate it..

-

nikhil

permanent link
Nikhil Menon (16) | answered May 10 '10, 3:27 a.m.
Hello Vaibhav,

I have an excel file with multiple test cases in it wit their respective Test Ids and all...

my query is can u import the excel file into RQM 2.0.0.1 such that RQM will detect the multiple test cases in the single excel file and display them????

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.