It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Viewing the archived Artifact Templates in RQM?

Swathi Brahma (1145) | asked Aug 12 '13, 11:29 a.m.
We have over 1000 test cases created with the deleted test case template and we are trying to move it to a new project area. Now while trying to duplicate the test cases I get an error that there are not enough templates in the target project area to map.

In the Manage Artifact Templates section, a custom test case template that was created and used to create test cases was accidentally deleted. If the test case template has been archived, is there a way to retrieve it or view it. Having the ID of the deleted/archived test case template would have worked because when I tried creating a new template with the same ID as that of another deleted template, it allowed us to map the test artifacts and duplicate it.

With over 1000 test cases, we are unable to duplicate neither the test cases nor the artifacts that reference it (such as test plans and test suites). Is there a workaround for this issue?

2 answers

permanent link
Antoinette Iacobo (650712) | answered Aug 12 '13, 12:59 p.m.
 Hi Swathi,

There isn't a way to unarchive this yet, but there are plans in some future release. 

I'm looking at the REST API Wiki and I don't see templates listed for supported artifact types where you could see the history of an archived object: 
https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#historyUrl

If you just need the ID of the template, can you do a GET on a test case that uses it with ?etlmode=true and see if the template ID shows up in the XML. 

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 13 '13, 7:15 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
In RQM 4.0.3+, archived templates appear in the Trash view.  However, the archived template cannot be opened from the Trash view (like test plans, etc.).

As Toni mentioned, you could use the RQM Reportable REST API history feed (note, https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Main/RqmApi#ResourcesFootnote9).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.