It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Optimization of initializationData required?

Dustan Daniel (3921823) | asked Aug 23 '13, 4:38 a.m.

Using Firebug and Fiddler, I have noticed something of a concern regarding the call GET initializationData (com.ibm.team.repository.service.internal.webuiInitializer.IWebUIInitializerRestService/initializationData) made when loading a RQM project.

Depending on your Jazz Repository Permissions (JazzUser vs JazzAdmins) and the Access Control of RQM projects, loading times of RQM projects can be significantly impacted.

The response received after making GET initializationData contains a section userProjectAreas that returns all of the projects if you are a JazzAdmin and/or those projects which have access control set to Everyone.

In my environment, we have close to 400 QM project areas and I am a JazzAdmin, as a result, the GET initiliazationData takes been 14 - 30sec to complete. Depending on how many tabs / windows I have loading concurrently, sometimes, it will take a few minutes to complete.

As a temporary solution for JazzUsers, I changed all QM projects access control to Members Only, and loading times have significantly improved. However, JazzAdmins are still affected with this poor performance.

We are running on RHEL 5, SQL Server DB, WAS 8.5, CLM 4.0.3, authentication via LDAP to MS AD.

Comments
Dustan Daniel commented Aug 23 '13, 4:46 a.m.

93741 I have logged this defect. Not entirely sure if it is a defect or rather a potential performance enhancement. Please can RQM dev team assign / modify accordingly.

One answer

permanent link
Paul Slauenwhite (8.4k12) | answered Aug 27 '13, 7:55 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
We will triage Optimization of initializationData required (93741) accordingly.  Thanks.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.