It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Directory not cleaned if symbolic links exist

Patrick Gagan (31185) | asked Dec 15 '09, 10:01 p.m.
I have a build(runs on RHEL5) that creates symbolic links to files when it runs, I also have
the "Delete directory before loading" box checked in my Build Definition, however, the sym links
are not removed at the start of each build.

Does anybody know how this can be fixed?
or if there are any workarounds?

Thanks,

Patrick

One answer

permanent link
Adil Chahid (45524118) | answered Dec 16 '09, 11:23 a.m.
Hi Patrick,
I think that in the upcoming version 2.0.0.2 you can manage the sym links in RTC directly, so you won't have to create or delete those manually or in a builkd script.

I think that one solution would be to delete explicitly in your build scripts those sym links as the last task of your build script, once you've builded the required artficats.

This issue is discussed at the following location (https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Rational%20Team%20Concert#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=97455) and is supposed to be fixed with the upcoming 2.0.0.2 release

I have a build(runs on RHEL5) that creates symbolic links to files when it runs, I also have
the "Delete directory before loading" box checked in my Build Definition, however, the sym links
are not removed at the start of each build.

Does anybody know how this can be fixed?
or if there are any workarounds?

Thanks,

Patrick

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.