It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Cannot save iteration plans because of errors

iris wang (662313) | asked Jul 22 '09, 8:22 p.m.
I added some work items into the iteration plan, then click "save", then it prompts that I cannot save the iteraion plan because "Atribute 'summary' is a required attribute, but its value is not set." I just wonder if it means the summary of the iteration plan or the planed items included in it? How could I check that? If it's for the iteration plan, where could I add the summary? 'Cause I didn't find the place. Thanks very much! :)

Link to the snapshot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/iriswang2009/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCMDEhry3vtPrAQ#5361443190044097266

One answer

permanent link
Michael Scharf (781) | answered Jul 23 '09, 2:18 a.m.
I added some work items into the iteration plan, then click
"save", then it prompts that I cannot save the iteraion
plan because "Atribute 'summary' is a required attribute, but
its value is not set." I just wonder if it means the summary of
the iteration plan or the planed items included in it? How could I
check that? If it's for the iteration plan, where could I add the
summary? 'Cause I didn't find the place. Thanks very much! :)

Link to the snapshot:
http://picasaweb.google.com/iriswang2009/DropBox?authkey=Gv1sRgCMDEhry3vtPrAQ#5361443190044097266

It's the summary of one of your work items. Your process specification enforces the summary to be set in order to be able to save the work item.
Plans check the required attributes while editing and annotate the work items with missing values.
Simply double click the work item in the list, this will take you to the work item where you can edit its summary. Afterwards, you will be able to save the plan.

hint: you can quickly hide all work items without changes, and therefore wont be saved, by enabling the "Unchanged Items" checkbox in the "Exclude" section of the side bar.
Alternatively, you can press ctrl-f to find work items, then enter "verification:missingAttribute" in the search input bar - this takes you directly to the next work item with a missing attribute value.

--
MikeS
Jazz Agile Planning team

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.