It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RRDI 2.0.5 Download Corrupt?

Stephen Long (14311013) | asked Dec 27 '13, 10:39 a.m.
retagged Dec 30 '13, 4:37 a.m. by Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119)
I have tried to download RRDI 2.0.5 (Linux x64) from jazz.net using IE, Firefox and DownThemAll download manager. Every time the download is corrupt and I cannot unzip the files.  DownThemAll is reporting a size mismatch error at the end of the download.
I can download the disk image from Passport Advantage, but can I use this image to perform an upgrade via Installation manager?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Francesco Chiossi (5.7k11119) | answered Dec 30 '13, 4:37 a.m.
Hello Stephen,

usually DownThemAll works pretty well with jazz.net, so the error you get is strange; it might be an issue with your network connection.

You can upgrade RRDI with the package downloaded from Passport Advantage only if it is the repository download (~ 4 to 9 GB size), and not the Web Installer (~ 100 MB size).
Just add a repository in installation manager pointing to the repository.config or diskTag.inf files in your download

For details see the "Installing Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence 2.0.5" section of this document:

Upgrading Rational Reporting for Development Intelligence from version 2.0.x to version 2.0.5
http://pic.dhe.ibm.com/infocenter/clmhelp/v4r0m5/topic/com.ibm.rational.rrdi.admin.doc/topics/t_upgrade_rrdi201_to_rrdi20x.html#installing

Note: in case you are upgrading from RRDI 1.X you can also use the Web Installer as the upgrade procedure requires a new installation of RRDI.

Best Regards,

Francesco Chiossi
Stephen Long selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Stephen Long commented Jan 02 '14, 4:12 a.m.

I used the Passport Advantage download with no problems.  I also have no idea why the download always stopped at 2GB, could router/firewall issue at our end.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.