It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Installing RTC on a 64 bit computer

Sunil Soans (1111) | asked Jul 14 '10, 1:02 p.m.
After installing RTC on a 64 bit computer, the jazz server cannot be started. What is the solution?

8 answers

permanent link
Guy Slade (64158) | answered Jul 14 '10, 2:44 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
After installing RTC on a 64 bit computer, the jazz server cannot be started. What is the solution?

I suspect a little more information is going to be needed..... What operating system? Tomcat or WAS? What logged information is there?

permanent link
Sunil Soans (1111) | answered Jul 15 '10, 3:32 a.m.

I suspect a little more information is going to be needed..... What operating system? Tomcat or WAS? What logged information is there?

Sorry about not providing the env details.
The OS is Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition Service Pack 2
The deployment is on Tomcat.
Could the tomcat bundled with RTC be not working in x64 OS?
The logs are not created.
Regards,

Sunil

permanent link
Anthony Kesterton (7.5k9180136) | answered Jul 15 '10, 7:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The OS is Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise x64 Edition Service Pack 2
Regards,

Sunil

Hi

I think I saw a similar problem with RRC/DOORS RP on Windows7 64-bit. Check your read/write permissions on the JazzTeamServer directory and sub-directories. You need read/write access for the user that starts the server. They are probably read-only and so the JazzTeamServer will not be able to start properly, and you will have no log entries.

anthony

permanent link
Keith James (1653) | answered Jul 18 '10, 10:19 p.m.

Regards,

Sunil

Hi

I think I saw a similar problem with RRC/DOORS RP on Windows7 64-bit. Check your read/write permissions on the JazzTeamServer directory and sub-directories. You need read/write access for the user that starts the server. They are probably read-only and so the JazzTeamServer will not be able to start properly, and you will have no log entries.

anthony

Make sure you are running the application as an administrator

permanent link
Sudhakar Frederick (80113631) | answered Jul 18 '10, 11:53 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Perhaps http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?us=727&uid=swg21404257
might help?

Freddy
On 15/07/2010 3:06 AM, suchriso wrote:
After installing RTC on a 64 bit computer, the jazz server cannot be
started. What is the solution?

permanent link
Stefano Antoniazzi (1701711) | answered Jan 31 '11, 9:08 a.m.
Perhaps http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?us=727&uid=swg21404257
might help?

Yes it helps, but the lines:

Copy the 64-bit service wrapper:
RTC 2.X: copy /server/tomcat/bin/procrun/amd64/tomcat5.exe to the /server/tomcat/bin directory
RTC 3.X: copy /server/tomcat/bin/procrun/x64/tomcat5.exe to the /server/tomcat/bin directory

are incorrect because in 2.0 there's no /server/tomcat/bin/procrun/ directory nor even x64 or amd64... I should try downloading other versions of RTC server.....

permanent link
Stefano Antoniazzi (1701711) | answered Feb 01 '11, 3:36 a.m.
If you're stuck with your application in the "loading" screen just look at:

https://jazz.net/jazz/web/projects/Jazz%20Foundation#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=67901

and be careful with the path of the JDBC:

"...

Here is what finally worked for me. The key roadblock here for us was trying to figure out the difference between using "file:///C:/" and "C:/". -DSQLSERVER_JDBC= requires "C:/"

..."

That was exactly my problem. It solved.

permanent link
anoop mc (74811200221) | answered Nov 07 '13, 8:40 a.m.
Hi,

I came across this issue many a times. The simple solution is to start using Run as an administrator option

As shown below. It works in most of the cases.

start jts

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 07 '13, 8:46 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

The best option is not to install in "Program Files" on Windows. That avoids all the issues with Windows folder security.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.