It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Import requirements from a CSV file

Pablo Garijo (111) | asked Nov 03 '22, 7:20 a.m.

I was trying to import a csv requirements file into DNG to update a module but I am getting multiple errors:
- If i try to import directly my file into DNG, I get the next error

ID CRRRW7571E This error can occur for several reasons. For example, you might not have permission to import an artifact type that is in the file, a row or resource might be locked by someone else, or the file might not meet the requirements to be imported. For instance, one or more rows might contain a type that is not in the type system. It's also possible that an incoming link cannot be created in another component because it is a baseline or requires a change set. Update the file, the type system, your user permissions, or all of these items. Also, confirm that the components allow the creation of outgoing links. If incoming links are being created in other components that require change sets, create a change set in the other component and add that change set to a personal stream along with the current stream or change set. To learn more about the CSV format or spreadsheets and importing CSV files or spreadsheets, see the product documentation in IBM Knowledge Center.
Errors were received while importing the CSV file or spreadsheet:

Validation Errors:
Row Number: 44
Error Message: CRRRS4212E The server encountered an exception: null
Row Number: 12
Row Number: 45
Row Number: 35
Row Number: 46
Row Number: 36
Row Number: 47
Row Number: 37
Row Number: 48
Row Number: 26
Row Number: 38
Row Number: 27
Row Number: 39
Row Number: 28
Row Number: 29
Row Number: 4
Row Number: 6
Row Number: 9
Row Number: 40
Row Number: 30
Row Number: 42
Row Number: 31
Row Number: 32
Row Number: 43

- If I generate a CSV from an exported view and then copy the data into that CSV and import it back, I get the next error:

ID CRRRW7571E This error can occur for several reasons. For example, you might not have permission to import an artifact type that is in the file, a row or resource might be locked by someone else, or the file might not meet the requirements to be imported. For instance, one or more rows might contain a type that is not in the type system. It's also possible that an incoming link cannot be created in another component because it is a baseline or requires a change set. Update the file, the type system, your user permissions, or all of these items. Also, confirm that the components allow the creation of outgoing links. If incoming links are being created in other components that require change sets, create a change set in the other component and add that change set to a personal stream along with the current stream or change set. To learn more about the CSV format or spreadsheets and importing CSV files or spreadsheets, see the product documentation in IBM Knowledge Center.
Errors were received while importing the CSV file or spreadsheet:

Validation Errors:
Row Number: 2
Error Message: CRRRS4212E The server encountered an exception: com.ibm.rdm.fronting.server.rrs.importer.csv.InvalidCsvException: CRRRS4204E Stream does not conform to RFC4180 formatting rules.

The following attributes were not imported:
Column: module;
Reason: NOT_FOUND

Column:
Reason: CRRRW8015W

what is the correct way to upload csv files into DNG?

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Nov 03 '22, 1:03 p.m. | edited Nov 03 '22, 1:04 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

It's practically impossible to help without seeing your (obfuscated) data that won't import. Can you provide a minimal example - just a row of headers and one row of data, with the absolute minimum of columns - that won't import? i.e. cut it down to header+one row that won't import, then cut columns down until it imports, then add one of your sample data columns and header that won't import, then paste that CSV into your question.

NOTE After you've pasted the CSV text into your question, copy it from your question to a file (i.e. as anyone who wants to check this out will do) and confirm it still won't import, then add the confirmation to your question that it still won't import for you after copying from the question.

Ian Barnard commented Nov 07 '22, 4:19 a.m. | edited Nov 07 '22, 4:23 a.m.
> copy the data into that CSV and import it back

If modifying then reimporting a CSV, make sure you don't delete/modify/overwrite the metadata below the bottom row because this tells DOORS Next what was exported - add rows if needed so they aren#t overwritten.

Ian Barnard commented Nov 07 '22, 4:21 a.m.

Have you compared one of the rows that won't import with one that does to see what's different that might be causing the error message?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Nov 03 '22, 7:49 a.m.

It is surprising how long a question can become and still avoid providing the most fundamental information.

Here is the documentation for the CSV export/import for the latest version: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/elm/7.0.2?topic=files-importing-exporting-csv-spreadsheet

permanent link
Adrian Haw (2741242) | answered Nov 03 '22, 9:09 a.m.
Which DNG version and iFix level (behaviour is different between versions)?

In general:
  • csv file MUST be encoded as UTF8 (note: not as UTF8-BOM)
  • column headers must match attribute names
  • cell values for attributes with enum type must have valid values (matching enum values)
  • there are mandatory columns/attributes for an import (this list varies according to DNG version)

Comments
Pablo Garijo commented Nov 03 '22, 9:34 a.m.

I am currently using version 7.0.2 with the ifix0x13 installed. One of my colleagues shared with me a CSV file to import into a module and update it. All the columns in the file match with attribute names and I believe the mandatory columns are in the CSV file

Adrian Haw commented Nov 03 '22, 9:46 a.m.

• Check your csv file - open it in Excel and add filtering - are there filtered columns that have no header?
  • Export from a module view and check what system managed columns are exported in addition to the columns in your view - do you also have those cols that are mandatory for an import (check the IBM docs on the list)?

Pablo Garijo commented Nov 04 '22, 3:38 a.m.

Ian Barnard commented Nov 07 '22, 4:20 a.m.

I'm not following random fileshare links. This is CSV - edit header+a couple of rows that won't import (and you've tested they won't import), with important data obfuscated, into your question as text.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.