It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM deleting old test scripts when attempting to use Excel Importer

Nicholas Lim (111) | asked Feb 02 '22, 7:03 a.m.
edited Feb 02 '22, 7:09 a.m.

Hi All,

This is a multi faceted problem. 

I'm using excel importer to create new test scripts and link to existing test cases. 

The problem appears as follows:

1. Use excel importer to create new test script and link to existing test case
2. Check new script is linked to correct test case
3. Repeat step 1.
4. New script created but previously created script has been deleted and no trace exists.
5. New script linked to previous test case and previous script has disappeared.
6. no record of previously created scripts exist when attempting to find them. 

.cfg file is as follows:
// ========= Test Script ===============
// Configuration file created by Nicholas Lim on 202202001

// Test Script general information
// the literal "execution" will be put into the step type tag, so all steps will be of type execution
testscript.XLSStartRow=4
testscript.dc:title=B
testscript.dc:description=T & image(T)
testscript.jzalm:owner=U
testscript.steps.type="execution"
testscript.XLSWorksheetID="RQM Import"
testscript.category term="Product".value=H
testscript.category term="V-Level".value=I
testscript.category term="Function Group".value=J

// Test Script Steps information
testscript.steps.description=W & image(W)
testscript.steps.expectedResult=X & image(X)
testscript.XLSDelimeter=\n

testscript.testcase=Link("urn:com.ibm.rqm:testcase:"&A)

So i'm in a situation where if i keep creating new test scripts and linking them to existing test cases, the most recently created script will then link to test cases where previously created scripts were linked and all previous scripts cannot be found in RQM

Kind regards,

Nick 

One answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21109138) | answered Feb 03 '22, 1:05 a.m.
Hi, Nick

It seems to me that you have the same external id for the test script, which means every time when you intend to create a new test script, it actually updated the previous one hence only the latest one is left because of the same external id is used. Please check with the external id explained in this wiki:

XLSArtifactID specifies the external ID of the artifact. If external ID of the artifact is not specified, a default external ID is assigned using the following format:

<Excel file name>_<Excel worksheet name>[_<artifact count when 2 or more artifacts in the same Excel worksheet>].xml

Note, if an artifact exists with the same external ID, it is updated. For example, multiple export operations of the same Excel/configuration files to the same repository.

Warning: if using artifact.XLSArtifactID="urn:com.ibm.rqm:testplan:2" when the value is specified a string not a cell, make sure there's no blank sheet or use artifact.XLSWorksheetID to specify the worksheet to read the ArtifactID.

To create new artifact(s) with multiple export operations of the same Excel/configuration files to the same repository:

or

• Change the Excel file name or Excel worksheet name.
or

• Export to File, change the name of the XML file(s), and import the XML file(s) into ETM using the Planning > Import Test Plans, Construction > Import Test Cases, or Construction > Import Test Scripts menus. Note, test plan, test case, and test script only.
I hope this helps.

Regards
Don

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.