It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Double link to requirement after excel import to RQM

Sandro Gross (174) | asked Mar 03 '23, 3:38 a.m.
edited Mar 03 '23, 5:25 a.m.

Hello everyone,

We are using n:m mapping, this means one test case to one or more requirements.
I would like to create "new" test cases in RQM with content of an excel file and they already have an existing link to a requirement in DNG. (like a migration)

For this solution I use in the config file:
testcase.requirement=LinkByExistingID(COLUMN_NAME)
for the n:m mapping I use ‘new line’ or 'coma' in the column of Req. ID - so far so good

But after the import of test cases, the test case has an double link of the same requirement ID to DNG and I don't know why.

for example:
DNG Req-ID 1234
DNG Req-ID 3456
after 
Excel import to RQM
TC link to DNG "1234", "1234", "3456", "3456"

if I have an only one requirement ID it is the same
DNG Req-ID 1234
after 
Excel import to RQM
TC link to DNG "1234", "1234"

Has anybody an idea? 

sorry, i can't upload a picture ( >60 reputation points)

Comments
Ian Barnard commented Mar 03 '23, 9:59 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In DOORS Next you have core (base) artifacts and when you reuse one of these in a module (any number of times into any number of modules) these are all valid targets for links - so it can appear you have multiple links to an artifact with the same ID but they should all be distinct entries in a module and/or there can be one to the base artifact. So try opening these artifacts and look at the context they open in.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Don Yang (7.7k21114139) | answered Mar 06 '23, 6:53 p.m.
Hi Sandro

As Ian replied, there are base and module requirements in DNG.
Please refer to the article in ETMExcelImporter

[LinkByExistingID] has the below
Note: The following points are specific to the module identifier support in v701 and later.
  • To link to an existing module-specific requirement, specify the requirement identifier in the format of MODULE_ID.REQUIREMENT_ID. For example, the requirement identifier is specified as '1476.2345', where '1476' is the module identifier and '2345' is the requirement identifier..
  • If the module identifier is not specified in the requirement identifier, then the test artifact is linked to the non-module requirement and module requirement (if any).
Sandro Gross selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Sandro Gross commented Mar 07 '23, 8:52 a.m.

Hello Yang

Thx, sometimes I don't see the wood for the trees

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.