It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Large number of GET requests

Michael Mark (262) | asked Jan 15, 4:17 a.m.
edited Jan 15, 4:19 a.m.

Hi,

I am building a C# .NET app which utilizes the RQM and CCM areas.  In our CCM area, we have many workitems which we are doing many GET requests on (in the numbers of 5-25).  We discovered that eventually, if we leave the session open and have more than around 100-200 GET requests (not sure of the exact # yet), our HttpClient will begin to display a 400 ERROR when trying to request additional GETs.  I believe this might a limitation built into the IBM APIs?  Again, not sure about this.

Anyway, I was wondering if there is there a way around this?  I know that disposing and renewing a HttpClient with the user's credentials is a possibility, but was wondering if there is another easier method, since I believe it is better practice to just have 1 HttpClient running during the entire lifetime of the app.

Thanks,
Michael

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Jan 15, 6:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should be able to perform as many GET requests as you need. However, you need to handle authentication during the whole time you are connected. The authentication expires after a specific time limit and you have to be able to handle the error, reauthenticate and redo the GET. See https://rsjazz.wordpress.com/2021/10/15/elm-authentication/ for how the authentication of a client to a Jazz server works.

Comments
Michael Mark commented Jan 15, 12:42 p.m.

Thank you for this information!  We will play around with the authentication to see if it helps.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.