It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Only show the work item contributors or children from another project area in a plan

Thomas Becker (154) | asked Sep 25 '20, 11:20 a.m.

I have a plan (phase plan, cross project plan or release plan) with several plan items inside in project area "A". Some of the plan items have children and/or contributors in project area B. In the plan from project area A, I want to see only the contributors or children of project area "B".

I've already tried in the plan to EXCLUDE->EXPRESSION->!projectArea:B. But this causes that all items are gone. 

Can someone help me to see just the items of the project area "B" including their parent?  
My EWM version is 7.0.1

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Sep 27 '20, 9:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Sep 27 '20, 9:14 a.m.
I don't know an answer to the original question at the moment, but I have to point out that the planning component does not support any planning capabilities for parent/child relationships across project area boundaries.

Only tracks/contributes to in cross project plans have an meaning across project area borders.Parent/child relationships for planning only work within a project area.

I know this is documented, I just don't have a document link at the moment.

Given that, there might be no expression support for this.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.