It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS Next string attribute cutoff on main view

Lita Gribben (112) | asked Jul 21 '20, 8:24 p.m.

Using DNG v7.0, haven't had this problem on v6.0.

I have a string data type attribute for the Rationale of requirements, and even though the string attribute can hold a large portion of text, it will only show up to 499 characters of the text on the main artifact interface. I can check the content exists while looking on the left bar of attributes, or if I select that attribute and hit the pencil to edit, so the text is not getting lost, but after saving the attribute changes, it only shows 499 characters.

I tested creating a custom data type using the String base data type in order to create a new Rationale attribute, and the problem persists, so this leads me to believe it has to do with the String base data type. I also tested adding large text to the "Contents" field of the requirement artifact, and that doesn't have the same problems with text being cutoff, so it's only String data types.

Has anyone encountered this before on v7? Or should I submit a bug report to IBM? 

The biggest problem is when exporting the artifacts, the text also gets cutoff as it does on the DNG artifact interface. 

One answer

permanent link
Richard Hall (107211) | answered Jul 21 '20, 8:33 p.m.
edited Jul 21 '20, 8:35 p.m.

This sounds like it could be related to the problem and solution described here

Although in that case no text was output at all when the limit was exceeded.

Comments
Lita Gribben commented Jul 24 '20, 10:55 a.m.

It took a couple of days to get our RM server restarted for this change, but unfortunately that did not fix it. I upped the RDF limit to 4096 and the string text is getting cutoff at the same spot as before.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.