It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM 701 IFIX 06, How clean delete old and duplicate data sources created after db upgrade.

Rafael Rodriguez Montes (23013126247) | asked Mar 09 '21, 4:51 p.m.

Hello,

Every time there is a database upgrade, for example from MSSQL Server 2012 to 2016, Jazz Report Services creates automatically new data source, now I want to keep 1, but it says I can't remove the newer created because is associated with project area elements (I never associated anything) and now I can't remove it. 
is there any process to clean the data sources? 

One answer

permanent link
David Honey (1.8k17) | answered Mar 10 '21, 6:36 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

What's the exact error message?

You cannot delete a Report Builder data source if there are saved reports that were created using that data source. You can either:
  • Archive the data source. Reports created for that data source will no longer be available.
  • Delete all the reports created using that data source and then delete the data source.
David.

Comments
Rafael Rodriguez Montes commented Mar 10 '21, 12:12 p.m.

there is no reports created using the data source, it says there are elements in the project area using the data source, there is no reports. 

also I didn't create anything in the project area using this new data source, it got created automatically and it got linked with some elements in the project automatically. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.