It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to import requif file (updated) in DOORS Classic?

Balasubramaniyan Raju (11) | asked Aug 27 '21, 1:10 p.m.

I got updated requif file and when i try to import in to my DOORS Classic system, i am getting error as “home module cannot be imported and it has to be away module” could any one please guide me on this issue or please share the export procedure to avoid this issue, so that i can send this information to my sender.

Many thanks in advance.

One answer

permanent link
Javier Davalos (9115) | answered Aug 27 '21, 2:18 p.m.
ReqIF import is a complex task, please give more details about the DOORS version, is the error showing any error ID, and how you're trying to import the ReqIF file (e.g. what are the import options you're selecting?).
It could be that there are some issues in the local database (DOORS) where you want to import, so you might want to confirm there are no problems: https://www.ibm.com/docs/en/ermd/9.6.0?topic=integrity-identifying-repairing-problems-database

Comments
Balasubramaniyan Raju commented Aug 27 '21, 11:36 p.m.

Thanks for your reply. I am using DOORS 9.6. No error ID is shown. I am using add-on method to import the module ( add-on => eXchange=> import module). The the error message is ” the specified file was exported from Home module! Re-import into home module requires a file that was re-exported from a corresponding away module!

Program terminated with out completion. .
eXchange zip file NOT imported!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.