It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DNG: Modify an artifact permissions are not inherited for a Slave Project, reading permission from a Master Project which has been updated

Nirmal Jha (2319) | asked Mar 02 '22, 2:18 p.m.

Has anyone come across a situation in DNG when "Modify an artifact" permission is not being inherited by a Slave Project, which is using the Master Project's process configuration to which updates have been made.

It still shows that the permission is denied, when actually the permission has been provided in the master project and the Slave project should inherit.
Version : 6.0.6.1 (iFix018)

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Mar 15 '22, 11:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I have briefly looked into using process inheritance with DOORS Next, if that is what you refer to. The issue I ran into, is that there is no process template like "Unconfigured Process". There is only one process template. I have not looked at it in all gory details, but my assumption is, that that process template has values i.e. permissions set. To successfully use the process inheritance, the process template that is used in the child project area inheriting the process must be empty "unconfigured" for it to work. If that is not the case, the child project area overrides the inheritance and process sharing does not work. You can see how an unconfigured process looks like for EWM and then maybe investigate if my concern is true. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.