It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

OLE objects after URL rename

Dan Waddell (11) | asked Dec 15 '22, 3:24 p.m.
We are using DNG 6.0.6.1
After a seemingly successful server move and URL rename OLE object in DNG still point to the old URL... Sort of.

When looking at a list of artifacts, the field that should have to OLE object only shows an icon indicating the object is missing. If you hover over the OLE object, the url displayed at the bottom of the browser is the old server URL.
Yet, if you click on the OLE object it brings you to the correct object with the new/correct URL.

If we try to export the view to an excel doc, the field that should have the OLE object contains the error "CRRRS4242E This content cannot be exported because it contains malformed text or hyperlinks."

Comments
Dan Waddell commented Dec 16 '22, 9:07 a.m.
Ralph Schoon is correct.  I didn't actually ask a question.

What would be the best way to go about fixing this so that the OLE object display correctly?  Has anyone else had a similar issue?

It seems so odd to me, the way it points to both the old and new URL.

Ralph Schoon commented Dec 16 '22, 9:09 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

As already suggested, I would open a case with IBM support to get that looked into. 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.3k33646) | answered Dec 16 '22, 3:05 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

There is no question in your question and looking at it, I would suggest to open a case with support if this is expected behavior or the server rename failed.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.