It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is it possible to create a widget in RTC through plugin? Can we create a rich text editor custom attribute?

lakshmi jyothsna (37118) | asked Jul 13 '20, 8:31 a.m.

Hi Everyone,

I have two questions please let me know if any possibility to solve :

1. Can we get the widget information using api through pluign ? and is there any possibility to add the widget to the dashboard using plugin?

2. Is it possible to create a custom attribute with Rich text editor? so that we can attach image files in that attribute of the RTC work item?

waiting for reply..

Thanks in advance.

Comments
lakshmi jyothsna commented Jul 15 '20, 5:05 a.m.

Could  you provide the answer. I am unable to see the answer.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915241) | answered Jul 15 '20, 12:28 a.m.

Hi Lakshmi,

The answer to your queries are inline:

1. Can we get the widget information using api through pluign ? and is there any possibility to add the widget to the dashboard using plugin?
>> I'm assuming you want to create a widget. If so, there is a lot of information available. Here is one such link:

2. Is it possible to create a custom attribute with Rich text editor? so that we can attach image files in that attribute of the RTC work item?
No, the details of why it is not possible is mentioned in the below link:

Hope the details helps!

Best Regards,
Bharath

lakshmi jyothsna selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '20, 4:38 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In general it is possible to create custom attribute UI's, but it is very complex and thus expensive to do and I would suggest not to try.

Image files can not be attached to attributes. Attachments are managed in an attachment collection.

Guido Schneider commented Jul 15 '20, 4:29 p.m. | edited Jul 15 '20, 4:31 p.m.

Examples incl. source code of custom widgets and custom WorkItem Editor Presentations can be found on Open Source Project of the DACHLi Jazz Users Group on GitHub.

Or 

2 other answers

permanent link
Bharath Rao (915241) | answered Jul 15 '20, 5:43 a.m.

Hi Lakshmi,

Not sure why the answers disappeared.

Here is the comment from Ralph Schoon on your question:

In general it is possible to create custom attribute UI's, but it is very complex and thus expensive to do and I would suggest not to try.

Image files can not be attached to attributes. Attachments are managed in an attachment collection.     

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Jul 15 '20, 6:10 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

I can see all answers still.

permanent link
lakshmi jyothsna (37118) | answered Jul 15 '20, 6:46 a.m.
Hi bharat ,
Thank you.
Hi Ralph,
some times answers are disappearing .

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.