It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to Accept Incoming Change Sets from 2 flow targets without manually editing the Repository Workspace properties.

Chidambaram L (23414178) | asked May 02 '20, 7:44 a.m.

2 Components are loaded in the Repository Workspace.

Flow Targets for both components are different Stream.
Both components contribute to the build. Hence I have to Accept incoming Change Set from both Streams for the build. To show the Incoming Changes for each Steam, I have to manually set the Current Flow to the respective Stream. Because of this manual effort, I tend to loose the changes from one component, before the Dev deployment.

How to Accept Incoming Change Sets from 2 flow targets without manually editing the Repository Workspace properties.

I a using RTC 6.0.6.1.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Geoffrey Clemm (30.1k33035) | answered May 02 '20, 12:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

In Eclipse, in Team -> Jazz_Source_Control -> Changes preferences, in the "Flow Targets" section, select "Show all (advanced). 

In the Workspace editor, set both of those streams as incoming flow targets (you can have as many incoming flow targets as you want).  You will then the incoming change sets from both of those streams in the Pending Changes view.

You definitely do not want to have a separate workspace for each component.   And if you need to combine the changes from both streams, then there is no point in having a separate workspace for each stream ... change sets (with potential conflicts) must be combined in a single workspace.

Chidambaram L selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Chidambaram L commented May 02 '20, 12:23 p.m.
For Pending Changes to show Incoming Changes from the Stream1, I need to make Stream1 as "Current Flow" in Repository Workspace.
I need to explicitly change the "Current Flow" to Stream2, for Pending Changes view to show up changes from that Stream.
Hence I am missing out changes from one or other Stream during build. If I forget to synch with one of the Stream, my deployment fails in Dev, which is a costly affair.

Geoffrey Clemm commented May 02 '20, 6:18 p.m.

If you set the Eclipse preference as specified in this answer, then you do not need to make Stream1 as "Current Flow" for the Repository Workspace ... all incoming flows (current and non-current) will be displayed in the Pending Changes view.   So you will see incoming changes in your Pending Changes view if there are incoming changes from any of your flow target streams. 

3 other answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 02 '20, 10:32 a.m.
edited May 02 '20, 10:33 a.m.

For all I know, this is not supported out of the box. If you need to load multiple streams/workspaces, because you flow ( components ) against multiple streams, for all I know, you would have to create a custom load mechanism e.g. using the SCM Command Line.

Comments
Chidambaram L commented May 02 '20, 11:10 a.m.

Then having one Repository Workspace per Stream & Component combination will be easier.

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 02 '20, 4:03 p.m.

The key here is "Build" and I am pretty sure you can not automate multiple flow targets in a build definition using the built in configurartion abilities. Always willing to accept different opinions, with proof though.

Comments
Geoffrey Clemm commented May 02 '20, 6:35 p.m.

The question is ambiguous.   It says "both components contribute to the build", but it does not specify whether he is trying to perform the flows during the build operation, or whether he is performing the flows in a GUI client before requesting the build.  Since in the response to my answer, the Pending Changes view is mentioned, this seems to indicate that the flows are being done in the GUI.  Also, if he was just automating the builds, it is reasonably straightforward ... he just needs to have the build script perform the flows from various flow targets of the workspace.

permanent link
Chidambaram L (23414178) | answered May 04 '20, 11:51 a.m.
 In Eclipse, in Team -> Jazz_Source_Control -> Changes preferences, in the "Flow Targets" section, select "Show all (advanced). 
that helps. This is what I was looking for. But I am aware that too many Stream in the Pending Changes view will impact the performance of Sync Workspace with Stream.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.