It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to keep records in plan in RTC when the owner of the component is changed from team 1 to team2?

jane zhou (106764) | asked Nov 25 '20, 2:42 p.m.
edited Nov 25 '20, 2:44 p.m.

Hi Someone who may concern,

We used category as functional component and associate it with the team area in our project configuration.
       Say, we have a association between component and team area as:
        Component Red ---------> Team 1

And we created a sprint backlog for it ( Team area= Team 1 and Planfor =sprint 1.1)
      Then we can see all items matching condition shown up in the plan, and we changed status of these items to close at the end of sprint.

When we start to work on sprint 1.2, we decide to let Team 2 take over the work, so we change association between category and team area as follows: 

Component Red ---------> Team 2

After that, we noticed all items for component Red will go to bucket of Team 2, even the one already finished by Team 1 in sprint 1.1. i.e. all records will go to associate with Team 2. 

Then, if we go back to see the plan we created for Team 1 before on sprint 1.1, all those records related to Component red were gone now.  Instead, they appear in the sprint 1.1 backlog for team 2. 

So, basically, we lose any history record for team 1 on previous sprint plans. i.e. if the team want to check record from previous plans for calculating velocity or trend of the team, they can not get it.

My question is how to resolve such issue? Is there any feature we did not know to keep the content of the previous sprint plan the same when team switch happened? or anything we can do to get such information from RTC?

Thanks!

Best Regards,
Jane 

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Nov 26 '20, 2:21 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
My understanding is, that this works as designed. If you want to avoid it, do not do that. The category is a vital part of the planning component, as it maintains the association of a work item to a team.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.