It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC 6.0.4 - Jenkins Build Engine - "The build engine process may not be running"

Thomas Moran (111) | asked Jul 11 '19, 8:57 a.m.

Hi All,

I have been getting intermittent issues with a Jenkins Build Engine the past several weeks and as of this week it appears completely unusable to request any builds from RTC 6.0.4. It mostly reports "The build engine process may not be running". Any requests just seem to hang and occasionally make it through in the times this warning seems to clear.

If Builds are requested in directly in Jenkins they work fine and appear in RTC as usual. When I test connections both from the build Engine Test Connection and in Jenkins to RTC there are no issues with it being successful.

What is the specific interaction that occurs between the Build Toolkit and Jenkins? What could be going wrong here? Are there any server side logs that might help? 

As far as i'm aware nothing has changed and was working fine before for over 12 months, I've managed to get our AV software disabled however this doesn't seem to be the issue. I'm also investigating if it could be intermittent network issues monitoring over a larger time period however whenever I try the connection tests they always pass.

Comments
Sridevi Sangaiah commented Jul 12 '19, 12:03 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Can you check if there are any related exceptions in the ccm.log files, at the server side?

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.