It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

What causes RTC to display incorrect history entries for work items in the web UI?

Timothy Distel (73256) | asked Sep 19 '18, 9:11 a.m.
edited Sep 20 '18, 9:37 a.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)

Hello,

I have recently upgraded from CLM 6.0.3 to 6.0.6.

I'm experiencing an error in my environment that displays incorrect entries on the history tab of the browser interface for work items in ccm. For example: I removed an incorrect link from a work item. After I removed the link, I select the history tab and the newest entry reads "Status: Initiated ----> In Progress." as if I changed the workflow state. Has anyone seen this before or know anything that might cause this behavior?

Comments
Don Yang commented Sep 21 '18, 2:23 a.m.
I tried on v6.0.6 and did not see similar problem. I don't have upgrade environment to check with though.
When you check with link history, you would need to check "include link history" box in History and you may also need to enable "Enable automatic archiving of auditable links" in the CCM advanced properties. If you did not check "include link history" box and see
entries "Status: Initiated ----> In Progress.", it could be coincident that someone else made that change. History should show who made the change "Status: Initiated ----> In Progress." is that you or not? Or maybe your project area has implemented some logic to automatically change the state under a certain condition.
If it is reproducible behavior and no other suspects as what I highlighted above, it could also be a defect. You may contact Support to investigate.

Timothy Distel commented Sep 21 '18, 1:35 p.m.
Don,

Thank you for the reply. I did have include link history box selected but automatic archival of auditable links was not enabled. However, after enabling automatic archival of auditable links this behavior was still happening. Further, I am experiencing another behavior where creating/removing a link will sometimes cause work items to revert to their initial workflow state (a state transition that is disallowed by the workflow of the work item). There are no follow up actions for this environment currently and both of these issues are reproducible. I do currently have a support case underway.

Be the first one to answer this question!

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.