It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to best setup a multi country rollout project in RTC?

Franca Zober (1512) | asked May 24 '19, 2:53 p.m.
Hi

I am trying to setup and manage a multi-country rollout project in RTC. I have a project area for the development of a tool working just fine, but now I want to manage the rollout of that tool as well, hence more traditional planning excersize. Every country will go through the same rollout, the generic plan foresees 3 phases to go through.

Now, does the following work/make sense?

a) I set up another PROJECT AREA for the rollout project.
b) I set up a TEAM AREA for each country
c) I create a unique TIMELINE per TEAM AREA (hence the specific country rollout)
d) Each of those timelines will get three ITERATIONS, one per phase, into which I create the TASK from the PLAN.

Doing it that way, can I then:

1) Create a combined PLAN for all ITERATIONS in all countries (i.e. all TEAM AREAS) - so far I have only been able to create a plan for a specific iteration?
2) Query ITEMS from the complete PROJECT AREA and get the TEAM AREA back as a column of the result - so far I have not been able to find such a field in the columns?
3) Link ITEMS from the other development project into items of the rollout project?

Hope I can get some thoughts on that here!

Kind regards
Franca

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered May 27 '19, 4:01 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
  1. No, plans can only show information from one iteration (including information in sub iterations).
    1. There is an attribute that shows the owning team area based on the category.
  2. There are many different link types available that you can use. Some work only within a repository, some work even across repositories.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.