It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RTC users & license usage

Ramaprakash Ganesan (634) | asked Dec 29 '15, 6:45 a.m.
edited Dec 29 '15, 6:57 a.m.
I want to get a report that tells me which all users logged in recently, time of login, and what license (Developer-floating) was applied for that particular user, the operation performed, and what Project Area it was related to. The time period could be for the last week or last month or so. 

Under Server Administration (in RTC 4.0.1), there is a Licensing tab which does provide a good amount of this information, called Issued Floating License Leases
I want to extend that information to include the project area accessed by that user if possible.

Any ideas?

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Jan 05 '16, 3:03 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I don't think we have anything that tracks this on the server. I am not aware that this could be created using an extension.

permanent link
Kevin Ramer (4.5k8183200) | answered Jan 05 '16, 1:26 p.m.
I use the repotools-jts -listIssuedFloatingLicenses to "externalize" the reports visible on the JTS to create charts for our use. All I do is count the licenses of any given type for each JTS.    But the details about what project(s) may have led to that license assignment will not be easily determined.   It might be possible by scrubbing the HTTP access logs ( if configured and you have access to the server-side host).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.