It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to discover from which stream a delivery was made?

Andy Jewell (24236174) | asked Nov 01 '13, 4:59 p.m.
retagged Dec 16 '13, 4:00 p.m. by David Lafreniere (4.8k7)
I have an integration stream to which multiple streams deliver.  On the integration stream I have a continuous build process.  When any of the source streams deliver to the integration stream, the build begins.

Does anyone have any ideas how to discover from which stream the last deliver occurred?  The only thing I can think of is to compare the integration stream to each of the source streams but this wouldn't exactly work in the case where the source stream owner was holding changes which had not yet been delivered.

Thanks for your thoughts!

- Andy

Accepted answer

permanent link
Andy Jewell (24236174) | answered Nov 04 '13, 12:02 p.m.
 I think I will need to use changeset locate for this in order to find which of the child streams hold the changesets that are contained in the delivery.  I'm not 100% how reliable this will be but I think it will work in my case for most circumstances.

I also put in an enhancement request for a feature that provides this information.
David Lafreniere selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Tim Mok commented Nov 04 '13, 3:22 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

The change set locate feature is the closest you can get to determine this. However, the deliver source isn't tracked with the change set so there really isn't a way to track this at the moment. The best you can do is see where else the change set exists.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.