It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

IBM DOORS Next Gen - Trial and help

Ammar Ali (132) | asked Jan 31 '19, 9:54 a.m.

Hi,

I hope someone could help me, as I currently use IBM Rational DOORS 9.6. and thought I give the New Gen a go, so I went ahead and got the Trail version from IBM, however I find it difficult to import docs and spreadsheets, you can fill in the information but when it starts to extract, nothing happens and you just stay on 0%. I am not sure whether it is because I am using the trial that I cannot import any files.

and also comparing 9.6 to the New Gen, with 9.6 it is easy to add object heading, demote information etc but on the New Gen how do I create a module and get a similar toolbar you get on the 9.6.

Accepted answer

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Jan 31 '19, 10:12 a.m.

Ammar, there are several tutorials on youtube. There is an entire series of how to use DNG. I would start there - that is actually where I started 3 years ago.

Importing docs is very easy and should not be holding at 0%, so I suspect a selection was incorrect.

DNG is a different tool from 9.6 - they share many concepts and terms, but they are in fact completely different tools and should be thought of as such.

DNG Artifacts == 9.6 Objects
Each kind of artifact can have different attributes, as opposed to 9.6 where you added attributes to objects and had to pick which attributes to populate or filter.

DNG artifacts can be promoted/demoted when part of a module, click on edit drop down (pencil) of the artifact and select promote/demote

There is also an option to "Set as Heading or Content" on the drop down menu.

look to the youtube tutorials. 

Ammar Ali selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ammar Ali commented Jan 31 '19, 10:15 a.m.

Thanks David,

would you please be able to send me a youtube link, where to start

One other answer

permanent link
David Clark (2341150) | answered Jan 31 '19, 10:17 a.m.

Comments
Ammar Ali commented Jan 31 '19, 10:19 a.m.

Thank you for the help

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.