It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM-plan activity "verify defect"

Thao Nguyen (37334) | asked Jan 02 '19, 9:55 p.m.

Hello,

For each untested software release, developer fixes several defects. Test lead needs to plan this activity beside planning features to be tested. 
Do you have any suggestions how to express "Verify Defects" activity on Quality Management RQM?

My approaches are as below:
1. For each fixed defect, create corresponding test case name. Total fixed defect equals to total test cases
--> this seems to be time consuming activity 
2. Create one test case and import saved query of fixed defect in Jazz Change and Configuration Management- Jazz CCM (defect tracking module) 
--> this approach does not reflect all results of verification fixed defects at test case view. Test case result includes results of many results of fixed defects

3. Create test suite and import saved query of fixed defect in Jazz CCM (defect tracking module) 
--> similar to approach #2. Test suite result includes results of many test cases

4. Just use Jazz Change and Configuration Management: add one field call "verifier"- who is assigned to retest this fixed defect. But this is on Jazz CCM, not RQM. 

One answer

permanent link
Krupa Gunhalkar (4512) | answered Jan 03 '19, 3:44 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Thao Nguyen,

There are several ways to handle this as you have summarized few already. 
Point 4 sounds reasonable and this is what we follow too most of the times.

Couple of other ways which can be tried are : ( note these are again not related tp RQM, but how you track and plan your QM and defect activities).

1) Plan TCERS according to the areas where defects have been fixed in current or previous sprint.
2) Re run TCERs which are failed in the previous sprints , since it would ensure the defect resolution state as well.
3) Verify and close( retest and close) the resolved defects each sprint so that they are spilled into next sprint.
4) Browse the TCRs and add defects columns to the table view. Note the recently resolved defects and based on that plan the current test activity.

Hope this helps,
Krupa Gunhalkar

Comments
Thao Nguyen commented Jan 03 '19, 8:19 p.m. | edited Jan 03 '19, 8:21 p.m.

Thank you, Krupa Gunhalkar. Your adivce on the way to test around fixed defects is really helpful.

I am inclined on point 4 as mentioned to use Jazz CCM by adding "verifier" field, but this is not integrated to RQM as a central place to view all test activities: verify fixed defects, test around fixed defects, test new feature,.. of one release. Look like this is what we can do at this time

Thao Nguyen commented Oct 07 '19, 10:25 p.m.

My current implementation is

At Jazz CCM, create quality task, link to resolved defects and assign to someone to verify. Repeat this if you need to have multiple person to verify many defects

At Jazz CCM, link these quality tasks to Test plan created on QM
However, on QM I cannot see relationship between this test plan and linked quality tasks

One possibility i just figure out is to create a query with resolved defects on CCM and from QM, at section Development Plan link, link to query created before on CCM. I still need to investigate this

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.