It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

In a work item customization value set script, how can I get a list of project areas?

Donna Thomas (14122548) | asked Dec 13 '18, 10:28 a.m.
Hi there,

We are attempting to populate a short string attribute with a Value Set (customization) choice. We want the value set list to be the list of project areas, where we can filter within the script. IE: We only want project area names that end with "(SAFe_Program)" to be available in the Value Set to select from.

Any ideas?

Thank you

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646) | answered Dec 14 '18, 3:08 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
edited Dec 14 '18, 3:10 a.m.

For all I know not with any supported API. You could try to use the HTTP filtered value set. You can try to use REST calls.

Comments
Donna Thomas commented Dec 14 '18, 2:25 p.m.

Thanks Ralph... I maybe able to do that with an HTTP filtered value set. I was hoping there was an easier way. Oh well. Thanks for your time!

Davyd Norris commented Feb 10 '19, 7:10 p.m.
Hi Donna,

You may have worked this out already but this is how I do it.
Note that this example retrieves every project area with the word 'Sandbox' in it - if you want to find a suffix you have to do some fiddling because the ends-with function is only available in XPath 2.0.

If you really needed that, you'd have to hack an expression with the substring and string-length XPath functions.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.