It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Jazz.net Doors Eval - Want to use SAFe Template

Ron Cavallo (132) | asked Nov 29 '18, 9:52 a.m.

All, has anyone had this problem with the web evaluation of Doors? I cannot load any templates other than the Requirements Manager that came with the Eval, however I want to load the SAFe template to take a look at it in Doors. Anyone have this issue and was able to solve?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bud Uyeda (261) | answered Nov 29 '18, 12:10 p.m.

It works if you create a new component under the Requirements Management dashboard. 

The steps are:
1. Create a requirements component 
Hit Next >

2. Choose template for the component. 
Check the box for "Use a template to initially populate component."

The list of templates will pop up, and you can select the one you. Self explanatory from there.

Hope this helps...

Ron Cavallo selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Ron Cavallo commented Nov 29 '18, 12:25 p.m.

Thanks. When you say a new "Requirements Component", which screen are you referencing to create that? I see upper left I can "Manage Components". When I am in there, I see one stream that is already created but not one that is for "Add" or other...  

Ron Cavallo commented Nov 29 '18, 12:40 p.m.

Ah, I see what you mean. However, there is only one choice there in the template section that says "Requirements Management" Also, when I try to create a new Project Area is says I do not have the rights to do that. Possibly when I get the rights to create a new project I will see additional templates available in the "Use process template to iniitialize this area" 

One other answer

permanent link
Bud Uyeda (261) | answered Nov 29 '18, 1:24 p.m.

Do you see a list of personal dashboards at this link? 

https://jazz.net/sandbox01-jts/dashboards/all
Is yours in there?

If you click on your dashboard, the new window should include a pane on the right side called My Projects. Scroll down to Requirements Management, and click on the link that includes your name.

A new window should pop up that shows various components. You should see a blue button called "Create Component" and that where my first post started. 

Comments
Ron Cavallo commented Nov 29 '18, 2:20 p.m.

Bud, you had it right all the time. I did not have the proper rights to create a stream components under the RM app. I got the rights updated and when I created a new stream wham! there were the choices to iniitliaze it with a SAFe 4.0 template. Thanks for the help sir!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.