It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS Object Identifier does not get imported in DOORS NG

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked Mar 17 '15, 6:06 a.m.
I have imported data from DOORS 9.6 to DOORSNG 5.0.2 via ReqIF, but Object identifier values are missing in DOORSNG after import.

We have Object identifier set with unique value (Prefix and Absolute number) for each requirement. We need these values in DOORSNG. Why is Object identifier visible under Columns tab but invisible under Attribute tab ?

I have included object identifier in ReqIF definition and then exported the same. After importing to DOORSNG, I got absolute number(Reqif.foreignID) in NG.

How do I get Object Identifier attributes in DOORSNG ?

Thank you,
Deepali Nigade

Accepted answer

permanent link
Alastair Beadle (19411218) | answered Mar 17 '15, 9:12 a.m.
I don't think it is missing, I think it is split into ReqIF.ForeignID and ReqIF.Prefix. I don't think DOORS has an 'Object Identifier' attribute as such but separate 'prefix' and 'absolute number' attributes that are just concatenated together for display. So during the reqif import you get them separately.
Deepali Deshmukh selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Deepali Deshmukh commented Mar 18 '15, 1:30 a.m.

Hi Alastair,

Thank 's for your reply.
 How do I concatenate ReqIF.ForeignID and ReqIF.Prefix value together in DOORS NG ?

Alastair Beadle commented Mar 18 '15, 5:44 a.m.

Good question. If you mean in an RPE output report I think that is straightforward but I suspect that what you want to do is create a new attribute that contains the concatenated result? In which case I am afraid I do not know of a method but I am no expert in that kind of manipulation in DOORS NG. It may be worth a separate question with that title to see if others can assist.

The prefix will be the same for every object wont it? In which case perhaps a search and replace on ReqIF.ForeignID would work and then you could rename that attribute?

Deepali Deshmukh commented Mar 23 '15, 4:22 a.m.

The prefix will be same for every object , followed by ReqIF.ForeignID.  i.e(Prefix + ReqIF.ForeignID).

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.