It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How to copy DOORS system attribute value in user define attribute

Deepali Deshmukh (8913759) | asked May 12 '15, 9:34 a.m.
edited May 12 '15, 9:36 a.m.
 Hi all,

I need DOORS ID to be duplicated or copy in another attribute of same module. I haven't found any way to do this in DOORS.
Do we have DXL script which will copy or duplicate the values or any workaround. Do share the script if it is possible to do using DXL script.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Pavan Hoskeri (613) | answered May 12 '15, 10:08 a.m.
Hi Deepali

You can use an inbuilt feature in IBM Rational DOORS named "DXL Attribute Wizard" using which you can create and modify a DXL attribute that contains the values of other object attributes.

Here are the steps for the same:
  1. Open the Module in question in Exclusive Edit Mode with sufficient access rights for creating a new Attribute. Click on Edit - Attributes - New.
  2. Provide a name for the New Attribute and select "DXL attribute" and then click on "Wizard".
  3. Click "Next" on the Wizard and at step 2 of the wizard, select "Absolute Number" OR "Object Identifier" (as required)
  4. Continue with the remaining steps and if required, you can deselect 'Show attribute/property names'.
  5. Click "Finish".
This should help you in achieving your requirement.

Subsequently, once the attribute has been created, if you are interested in the underlying DXL code which built this attribute, you can indeed click on Edit on the newly created attribute -- on the Edit attribute window, click on "Browse" -- Current. This would show the DXL script too.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Best regards
Pavan
Deepali Deshmukh selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.