It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Rlks license issue TCP port not allowing

sreenath v (78680) | asked Sep 17 '18, 9:04 p.m.

Hi,

I am trying to install RPE license in production server in Redhat 7.3. I installed all packages and when trying to start license server it is showing TCP port not allowed.But in my test environment when I tried same thing it worked.Only difference is Websphere and CLM is also configured there in production.

Can anyone help me to resolve this tcp issue and kindly let me know to uninstall RLks.i noticed That when deleting and reinstalling same license key is taking not freshone.

Thanks

2 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 09 '18, 5:27 a.m.
Hi Sreenath,

You can update the license server details in user.home/.flexlmrc and RPE should work fine after that.
If you are using RPE Studio or Launcher, you can also set the value of TELELOGIC_LICENSE_FILE correctly in rpe-studio.ini / rpe-launcher.ini.

Thanks,
Prasad

permanent link
Manoj Krishnankutty (1) | answered Oct 16 '18, 3:25 a.m.

Hi Sreenath,

This issue may be because  of port selected in the license file is in use by another process or the port might be blocked by the firewall.

Try changing the port in the license file and restart the license server. If the issue persists, please contact the system administrator to enable the port which is blocked by firewall

Thanks,
Manoj

Comments
sreenath v commented Oct 16 '18, 3:27 a.m.

It is in Redhat 9.3 .No process running in 27000 also.i checked it

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.