It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Is there a way to hide (dynamic) data source configurations in the RQM Reporter (imported from RPE)?

Christopher Seidel (136) | asked Oct 23 '18, 7:29 a.m.

Hello, 

I have a RPE Template (dta and dsx File) and I am importing it into the RQM Reporter to generate reports. It's working fine but I have only dynamic data sources and these must not be configured but still do I need to add a valid address (which is not used because the address is generated dynamically) into it when starting it in RQM.
There is an option in RPE to hide the data source but it's only hidden in the dsx file and not when importing it to RQM.

Version of RPE and RQM is 6.0.6.

In advance thanks for your help and time.

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Oct 23 '18, 12:23 p.m.

You can just rename the dynamic data source name. If the data source name starts with "_", it will be hidden while generating document through RQM. "Configuration required" property of the data source is honored only when document is generated through RPE (Launcher) or Document Builder.

Christopher Seidel selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Christopher Seidel commented Oct 24 '18, 10:21 a.m.

Yes that worked, thanks! 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.