It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How do I restore the practitioner license after accidentally removing it?

Scott McBride (12610) | asked Feb 10 '16, 6:39 p.m.
I mistakenly deleted the Practitioner license for DOORS Next Generation.  Still have the Contributor license, but Practitioner is gone!

I have re-imported the license file, but that does not restore the Practitioner license.

Is there a way to remove all CALs and then import them again?

One answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Feb 11 '16, 1:31 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Assuming you have real licenses (not eval), you should be able to import the license on JTS and after uploading it, it should show up in the list of available licenses.

Comments
Scott McBride commented Feb 11 '16, 5:57 p.m.

I have both eval and "real" licenses.  The latter I obtained from Rational License Key Center.

I have tried to import the authorized user license a number of times, but the DNG licenses are no appearing in the Client Access License Types section:

Scott McBride commented Feb 11 '16, 6:08 p.m.

Wondering if I should try removing all the evaluation licenses, and then re-import the authorized user license?

Scott McBride commented Feb 11 '16, 7:31 p.m.

Okay, I import the authorized user license for DOORS Next Gen analyst.  I get the following message:

Inactive (CRJAZ0969I The "Analyst" client access license type has been deactivated because too many licenses have been assigned. Unassign licenses until the number of used licenses is less than the number available for this server.)

But I am not seeing where to "unassign" licenses; no DNG licenses have been assigned.

Don Yang commented Feb 11 '16, 7:37 p.m.

Hi, Scott

This looks odd. what version of DNG are you using? is the eval license expired or still valid?

Don Yang commented Feb 11 '16, 7:40 p.m. | edited Feb 11 '16, 7:46 p.m.

I think Unassign licenses means unselect the license from the users, so you need to go to the users and see if any DNG licenses assigned and unassign there.

This technote has some more info:

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21590808

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.