It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Problem in migrationg workitems from one rtc server to another.

Ankit Kumar (114) | asked Aug 13 '18, 4:36 a.m.

I have a project area which is created on rtc 4 version. Now I am migrating all the workitems of this project area to another project area which is at different rtc server and version of that rts server is 6.0.5. I found a utility tool which works fine for RTC 5 but my RTC version is RTC 6 so i am trying to change the tool.
Now When I compared both the project area, I found that state id's are different in  both the project area. For example : in rtc server 4 project area if state id for closed state is "s5" and in rtc 6_0.5 server area this stated id for closed state is "com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s7", so the mapping is getting failed in tool. So, right now I am trying to change this id in rtc 4 project area from s5 to com.ibm.team.workitem.defectWorkflow.state.s7 , so that it can get mapped. But as I changed state id for closed state in rtc 4 project area, in UI instead of state "Closed", it is showing numeric form like 3, 4,..

P.S. - I am changing id in ProcessConfiguration.xml, Please let me know if it is the right place where I am changing or not. and if yes, why I am getting this weird issue and how can I resolve it

2 answers

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.1k33645) | answered Aug 13 '18, 6:32 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

You should not change the ID's, you should use a mapping file  E.g. If you use CSV import and export you can specify and provide a mapping file which would also allow to map the state ID's. If you change the ID's in a project area in the process configuration XML and you have already work items created that use the workflow state, you loose their state.

permanent link
Ankit Kumar (114) | answered Aug 13 '18, 10:23 a.m.

I am not using csv export import export for migration, I am using a copy workitem tool which is developed by some ibmer but it is for rtc 5 . I think in the tool they are using rtc api's  to get the source data , they are not using csv export/import

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Aug 14 '18, 7:13 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Then I am afraid, you are on your own. My best advice: don't change ID's after they have been used, or you might loose data or render your process unusable.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.