It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

[closed] How do I configure custom attribute interactions like those between the Filed Against and Owned By attributes?

Anthony Ankrapp (2115) | asked Nov 28 '17, 1:48 p.m.
closed Oct 19 '18, 2:58 a.m. by Ralph Schoon (63.1k33646)

RTC v6.0.4

As the summary indicates, I'm trying to create an interaction between custom attributes of type Category and Contributor that will behave like Filed Against and Owned By. Is this interaction possible with custom attributes?

Comments
Ralph Schoon commented Nov 28 '17, 3:36 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Consider to explain why and what the business requirement would be. 

Lukas Steiger commented Nov 29 '17, 2:00 p.m.

This is indeed an interesting question I have asked myself as well.Not sure what Anthony's business needs are, but we currently explore options how we can change the owner of a work item based on the category that is selected. To speak more in detail, the new owner should be the first user that has the role xy of the team area that is assigned to the selected category.

Ralph Schoon commented Nov 29 '17, 2:09 p.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

A follow up action would be the best way, Lukas, the user could not even override it. A calculated value could be used with all the problems that has. I show some of the Java code in a condition on my blog.

Anthony Ankrapp commented Oct 18 '18, 11:17 a.m.

The original business need was to provide a similar interaction to the Filed Against and Owned By fields in addition to having an existing Filed Against and Owned By. This issue is OBE, however, and no longer needs a response.

The question has been closed for the following reason: "Problem is not reproducible or outdated" by rschoon Oct 19 '18, 2:58 a.m.