It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

How customize artifact's exporting report in RQM?

Dmitry A. Lesin (24825896) | asked Jul 08 '18, 4:45 p.m.
retagged Jan 11 '19, 7:16 a.m. by Minakshi Jaint (5113)
Hello!
Working in Rational DOORS Next Generation, I can open a module and generate report for view with RPE template that is saved at "...\IBM\JazzTeamServer\server\conf\rm\reporting\initialization\templates\rrdg" path.
Accordingly, I can modify this template on my own and replace the original file by the modified one. And it will work!
But what about Rational Quality Manager when I would like export, for example, a test plan.
Is it possible to extract, customize such a template in RPE, BIRT or Cognos and return back it to RQM somehow?
Thank you a lot!

Accepted answer

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k15) | answered Jul 11 '18, 1:36 a.m.

When you create report resource in RQM (or RTC), you are choosing RPE template as report design file. I am afraid you cannot find/reuse the uploaded .dta file on the server machine where RQM is running.

There are some sample templates available on jazz.net - https://jazz.net/downloads/rational-quality-manager/releases/4.0/RQM-Extras-RRDGTemplates-4.0.zip.

Dmitry A. Lesin selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Dmitry A. Lesin commented Jul 16 '18, 2:19 p.m.
Hi,
Thank you! This is exactly I was looking for. It's pity that I can not modify an existing RPE template like how it can be done in RDNG. But it's perfect that I can take a template, modify it in accordance business needs and use further.

One other answer

permanent link
Kumaraswamy Gowda (39115) | answered Jul 10 '18, 5:34 a.m.

Hi,

You could generate a document for a test plan using RPE/RRDG within RQM. The process is mentioned below.

https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgecenter/SSJJ9R_6.0.5/com.ibm.rational.rrdg.usage.doc/topics/t_rrdg_make_reports_avail.html

For sample templates, check out https://jazz.net/forum/questions/176350/where-can-i-find-the-the-oob-rpe-templates-from-rqm.

Thanks,
Kumar

Comments
Kumaraswamy Gowda commented Jul 10 '18, 5:35 a.m.

Tag it with "RPE" too next time so that it reaches RPE expertise for quicker response.

Dmitry A. Lesin commented Jul 10 '18, 9:10 a.m. | edited Jul 10 '18, 9:11 a.m.

Hi Kumaraswamy,
Thank you for the reply! I will take into account your advice regarding RPE tag.
But as for the answer, I know how to develop new report and deploy it in RQM. The question is whether I can take an existing RPE template used by IBM.
By the way, I didn't find RPE templates by second link. But may be, I didn't understand your reply.
Generally, I know a plugin in RQM where I can take BIRT templates but my customer is wondering whether he can extract an existing RPE template from RQM itself.
Thank you very much for any recommends!

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.