It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RQM defects Records

archana kurup (2026872) | asked Jun 06 '13, 5:38 a.m.
retagged Sep 27 '13, 10:50 a.m. by Lisa Caten (342913)
I have added one defects in the test execution record of one of the tc's..But when i tried to run the BIRT REPORTS SUCH AS DEFECT LIST,Plan requirements defect impacts...it's showing no records?while creation i have chose requirements in the planned for field....can anyone please help me...

4 answers

permanent link
Sunil Kumar R (1.1k13044) | answered Jun 06 '13, 5:45 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Archana, the possible reasons for the behavior are:-
a. DW jobs which provide BIRT the data are not run..
check this from JTS > admin > Reports > DataWarehouse job status.. (if there are any errors, check the timestamp when the jobs ran last).
Try a filter value of 100 / higher to get wider date range data

>> So the report will show the data only upto the time when the jobs are run.

b. defect link to TER's not persistent (not usually the case).. but please verify that Defects show up in "View Test Case Execution Records" when 1 / few Test Case Execution records with defects are selected..

do let me know.. Best Regards /Sunil

permanent link
Vidya Malkarnekar (1.0k15) | answered Jun 06 '13, 7:00 a.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
In addition to the reasons provided by  Sunil  I'd also suggest  checking if the Test execution record is tied to a test plan.  There is a chance that users forget to pick up the test plan when creating TCER.

permanent link
archana kurup (2026872) | answered Jun 07 '13, 12:17 a.m.
Is data collection jobs and dataware house jobs are same?data collection job status is showing correctly and defects are related with testcase,test plan and test execution records....While creating a defect the dropdown list associated with FOUND IN field only showing UNASSIGNED......

permanent link
Lisa Caten (342913) | answered Sep 27 '13, 10:49 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Also, in order for the "Plan Requirements Defect Impact" report to show your new defect, the requirement must be a plan requirement, meaning that the requirement must be in a requirement collection, that requirement collection must be linked to a test plan that the test case is associated with. (See Plan Requirements Defect Impact in the Requirements reports Help topic.)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.