It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

DOORS NG 6.0.6 Sample Projects - all graphical content is broken due to converter being deprecated

Davyd Norris (2.2k217) | asked Jun 26 '18, 9:14 p.m.
edited Jun 26 '18, 9:24 p.m.
I've just installed the latest 6.0.6 release and created the sample projects to explore the new features, and all the graphical content is broken. Every diagram in every sample project.

Investigating further, it appears that the converter application has now been deprecated and is installed but is not turned on, however IBM has forgotten to migrate the sample content!

So for all you people who have lost graphical content, the converter is turned off. And for all you people who tried out the sample project, they forgot to migrate any of them to the new graphics.

One answer

permanent link
Rosa Naranjo (2.9k11623) | answered Jun 27 '18, 2:01 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hello

As mentioned in the workaround, If you require the graphical artifact converter application, contact IBM Software Support for steps to enable it.

Hope that helps a little bit.

Comments
Davyd Norris commented Jun 27 '18, 7:01 p.m.
Hi Rosa,

I realise that, but I think it's reasonable to expect the Sample projects supplied with the tool to work out of the box.

Any new client evaluating DNG is going to assume the product is broken, and they aren't going to be able to contact Support anyway as they don't own the product.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.