It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Encountered DM_Application internal problem for DM after upgrade

vikrant kamble (1323596) | asked May 03 '18, 6:30 a.m.

Hello,

We have upgraded CLM 5.0.2 to 6.0.5. In CLM 5.0.2 we had JTS, CCM, QM, RM and DM(RSADM) applications single server topology. I have upgraded it to CLM 6.0.5 but DM(RSADM) is version 6.0.2 single server topology. After upgrading we are getting this error for DM applications
error - DM functional user (dm_user) is missing license for write operations. Make sure that dm_user has the "DM Application-Internal" license assigned.

I looked for this license type in manage License Key Management Page but this license does not exist there.

How can I assign this license to user?

2 answers

permanent link
Andrey Karaulov (1861) | answered May 03 '18, 6:45 a.m.

This might be related to the fact that in 6.0.5 license files have been regenerated due to upgrade of the Java version shipped with the product.

You can try to add internal license manually in License Key Management page. The license file (RSADM_Internal.jar) can be found inside <Installation>/server\conf\dm\sites\dm-core-update-site\plugins\com.ibm.xtools.rmps.license_6.0.0.v20180427_2231.jar file.
If error is reported on attempt to add a license file, you will need to contact IBM support to resolve this issue.

permanent link
vikrant kamble (1323596) | answered May 03 '18, 10:58 a.m.

Hello Andrey,

I tried uploading the suggested jar file but as you have mentioned correctly it reports error while uploading. I had a call with IBM support team and got to know that this is know issue for DM application after upgrade which occurs because of new java version. Support team will provide you the RSADM_Internal.jar file which is successfully uploaded to server.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.