It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Linking DM / RQM artifacts

Kristian Broe (711114) | asked Apr 04 '14, 7:55 a.m.
edited Apr 04 '14, 7:57 a.m.

Hi

We are trying to link DM Design elements to Test Cases in RQM. We can link a design element to the Test Case from DM. But from RQM we can't see the relation, and we cant add a validates relation from RQM side.

We got so far as setting the PA relation so that we get the option to link to Design elements under Requirement links, but we get an  appendChild error.

Anyone succeeded in this or can help?

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Moul (4.9k1318) | answered Apr 04 '14, 2:57 p.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
I believe there are peculiarities in DM's implementation of OSLC-RM that limit the ability to make direct DM-QM links today.  A "safer" and already-supported approach is to link the design artifact in DM to an artifact/object in DOORS NG, RRC or DOORS, and link the requirement to the RQM test case.

Comments
Kristian Broe commented Apr 07 '14, 1:43 a.m.

thanks, but if, why is the option to ad link to DM element then presented in the in RQM?

We need to link our DM element directly to Quality element. 

Francois-xavier Panaget commented Apr 07 '14, 6:30 a.m.

Hi,
Hi Kristian,

Currently, the Links to from Design Manager to Rational Quality Manager are unidirectional this is why you do not see them in RQM. See the Integrating Design Management capabilities with Rational Quality Manager section of the Design Manager infocenter.

I believe there is already a request for the linkage to become bidirectional.
The reference is: Enhancement 94810:Links between Design Manager artifacts and RQM Artifacts are not currently bi-directional. I would like to view trace links to design artifacts from RQM.

I hope this will help you.
Regards,
François

Daniel Moul commented Apr 07 '14, 7:33 a.m.
FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER

That enhancement request has evolved into a discussion in a plan item in the RQM backlog:

44567 Consume OSLC AM interface

Kristian, please review the use cases and rationale described in this plan item -- and add your perspective if it is not well represented.

Kristian Broe commented Apr 23 '14, 5:11 a.m.

Thanks,

@Francois

This Is clear "Links to Rational Quality Manager are unidirectional". But I still wonder why the option to ad link to DM element then presented in in RQM.

Il follow the enhancement progress.

@Daniel il add a scenario describing our needs shortly. (not that is very different from what is stated)

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.