It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

CLM startup order when using a Distributed environment with Websphere

Isabel Murakami (3811615) | asked Sep 03 '15, 7:33 a.m.
edited Sep 03 '15, 10:40 a.m. by Stef van Dijk (2.0k179)
Hello all,
Following recommendation from https://jazz.net/wiki/bin/view/Deployment/BackupCLM#Offline_backup_AN1, we should follow a sequence to start/stop the applications:
Start up JTS first
Shutdown JTS last

When using a distributed environment, this requires to disable the automatic startup on Websphere and proceed manually starting the applications.

How are you proceeding on your normal activity ? Had you developed scripts to start all the applications, following a sequence ?
Had you added a delay on the automatic start of the applications ?
Or have you just let it start automatically, without care with the sequence ?

Accepted answer

permanent link
Ralph Schoon (63.4k33646) | answered Sep 03 '15, 10:51 a.m.
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR / FORUM MODERATOR / JAZZ DEVELOPER
Isabel,

I am a bit torn here. In general I think it should not matter much, in which order you start, the systems should still connect. (e.g. you want to be sure that you can restart an application and the whole system recovers.) I have however heared there have been problems in the past.

One way to achive this might be in virtualized environments, basically start the JTS VM first, wait some seconds and then start the others. Otherwise you might be able to use the websphere start and stop commands across nodes. I am not sure about this and haven't tried, but I would assume that it should be possible to do that.
Isabel Murakami selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.