It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Graphical artifacts by JKE banking not working in Requirements Management

Fabiano Lima (194) | asked Mar 22 '18, 8:57 a.m.

I successfully installed CLM 6.0.5 in my company and ran the creation of the JKE banking example project successfully, but I noticed that the graphical artifacts created were in error when trying to open them. How to fix this? I have verified that the converter is installed and is displaying the message: "[WebContainer: 37] ERROR com.ibm.rdm.web.htmlgen.servlet.ConverterServlet - CRRRC7153E Can not get display DISPLAY value is 'localhost: 3.0' . "

Accepted answer

permanent link
Bas Bekker (1.4k4) | answered Mar 22 '18, 1:09 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Hi Fabiano, looks you are running on Linux, and the DISPLAY value is giving you trouble

One thing that caught my eye is the space in the string 'localhost: 3.0'. Not sure if that's a logging issue, or the value is incorrectly set on your system. Please check the DISPLAY setting on that machine

For converter on Linux troubleshooting info, look at this article
Workaround: On Linux systems, the Rational Requirements Composer server does not start in console-only mode

And more general, there is this article
Requirements Management (RM) Converter application configuration and troubleshooting guide

Fabiano Lima selected this answer as the correct answer

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Mar 22 '18, 1:12 p.m. | edited Mar 22 '18, 1:56 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

If you're running on WAS, I am using a custom bash script to start the WAS instance and dealing with the DISPLAY stuff, maybe that helps

killall Xvfb
Xvfb :5 -screen 0 800x600x24&
DISPLAY=:5.0
export DISPLAY
bin/startServer.sh server1

Fabiano Lima commented Mar 22 '18, 2:05 p.m.

thanks for your response! It's working now! You was precise, congratulations!

One other answer

permanent link
Jan Jancar (736) | answered Mar 22 '18, 10:34 a.m.

Hello Fabiano,

JKE template contains graphical artifacts which are no more supported. I would recommend you create new diagram artifact (diagram format) which is HTML5  based and easy to work with. Let me know if you need any further help. Jan Jancar -  Softacus AG

Comments
Bas Bekker commented Mar 22 '18, 12:35 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER

Graphical artifacts cannot be edited anymore, but existing graphical artifacts still can be displayed (by the so called converter application)

Fabiano Lima commented Mar 22 '18, 1:06 p.m. | edited Mar 22 '18, 1:07 p.m.

thanks for your response, really the problem occured when I tried display the artifacts from jke banking.
I followed this Technote, but not worked:
http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21645038

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.