It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RDNG 5.0.2 - Modules - Inserting New Artifact After - Tags appear to be copied but not saved.

Celia Bengel (1113) | asked Jan 05 '16, 3:17 p.m.

This issue was reported by one of my team members.

When I create a new SR by clicking on the dropdown for a particular artifact and selecting "insert new artifact"/"after", the inserted line displays with the tag value from the previous line up until the point where the item is saved, and then it displays as blank. This could be confusing if people think it is a nice "inherit" feature and leave the tag blank (as I did a few times), not noticing that it reverts to a blank.

Any resolution in future release?

2 answers

permanent link
Kirk Grotjohn (1.2k3) | answered Jan 05 '16, 6:07 p.m.
JAZZ DEVELOPER
Hi Celia, what version are you using?
And what are you seeing that makes it seem like the new artifact will inherit the same tags as the line above it?  I can't seem to find this behavior. 

permanent link
Donald Nong (14.5k414) | answered Jan 05 '16, 8:42 p.m.
Hi Kirk, you need to add the "Tags" column to the module view to see this behavior. I can see the same thing with RDNG 5.0.2, but not with the latest 6.0.2 M1. I cannot locate any defects that specifically address such issue though, so there must be some code changes that indirectly resolve it.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.