It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

Why can't I access artifacts in a new DNG 6.0.4 project?

Jonathon Atchley (3116) | asked Mar 16 '18, 12:17 p.m.

When I try to access the (empty) artifacts section in a project I create in DNG 6.0.4, it never loads them and I see it giving me a warning and an error about the new project I just created not having a component because it maybe predated components.  it doesn't even provide an error code to reference.  This was a DNG instance upgraded to 6.0.4 from 6.0.2 and the other actual pre-existing projects all work fine.

Am I missing something?

The log I see is:

“WARN - Unable to retrieve component information for <project>.  The parent project <project> may have existed before Components were enabled”

“ERROR - Invalid or incomplete well known type cache encountered for component <URI> because <null>.  Skipping well-known output, Content discovered is ‘list of existing public types with ERROR prefix’”

Accepted answer

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250222) | answered Mar 19 '18, 9:40 a.m.

I ran into this problem in the past as well and has been fully addressed in 6.0.5 but there is a workaround in 6.0.4. 
Unfortunately - any new projects you created in 6.0.4 that exhibit this problem are not (as far as I know) salvageable and you will to permanently archive them.

Refer to https://jazz.net/jazz03/web/projects/Requirements%20Management#action=com.ibm.team.workitem.viewWorkItem&id=115134

Before creating a new project - make sure you have the latest iFix applied to 6.0.4 and then configure the Advanced Property ProjectCreationDelay with a value of 10000 (or higher).

Jonathon Atchley selected this answer as the correct answer

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.