It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

RPE: RQM Reporting on Baseline or snapshot

Daniel Diebolt (1112) | asked Jan 15 '18, 4:52 a.m.

Hello...

We are trying to use RPE (Rational Publishing Engine), and trying to generate a document accessing a certain testPlan, and going recursively to the TestCase and to the TestScript.

There is a nice article showing how to access baseline over DoorsNG, with Global Configuration:

https://jazz.net/blog/index.php/2017/06/23/generate-comparison-document-with-rational-publishing-engine/

But we don't use Global Configuration, and don't want to use it.

We are either using Project Baselines from RQM, or making a snapshot of the TestPlan.

How can we access a particular baseline from an RQM project over RPE ?

How can we access a particular snapshot from a TestPlan over RPE ?

(And still make the snapshot recursion over TestPlan->TestCase->TestScript ?)

Version: RQM v6.0.5 and RPE v6.0.5

3 answers

permanent link
Subramanya Prasad Pilar (4.6k16) | answered Jan 16 '18, 5:29 a.m.

You can try using the sample template QM_TestPlanWithTestcases.dta. Select "OSLC Configuration Selection..."  and you should be able to select the baseline.

Please let us know if this does not work.

permanent link
Gabor Federics (34618) | answered Jan 17 '18, 4:59 a.m.

It seems that the proposed anser works only with the Global Configurations feature.

Project Areas with the new "Baselines only" Feature are not shown in the selection (like in the screenshot of Subramanya)

permanent link
Leire Torres (36721) | answered Jun 18 '20, 7:32 a.m.
Hi,

I´ve the same need as Daniel Diebolt, I need to generate a QM report for an specific baseline (without GC enabled).

Is this possible? For your answers, I understand that it is not possible, but I just want to be sure.

Regards,
Leire.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.