It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

If i don't shutdown clm and db2 services in end of the day just shut dowm the server where these application are deployed is it harmful

Sunny Kumar (531588) | asked Nov 12 '17, 1:13 p.m.

Instead of shutdown application of clm and db2 if i directly shutdowm main server where there applications are deployed

Is this harmful for applications 

One answer

permanent link
Anthony Corrente (914) | answered Nov 12 '17, 5:27 p.m.

It depends on how you shutdown the server?

Is your server Windows or Unix?
For Unix, if you use the shutdown command, then it will cleanly shutdown each service (DB2, WAS, etc) provided that these have corresponding shutdown scripts. (see your Unix administration manual for details)

For Windows, if you shutdown the server, then like Unix, it should shutdown each service (DB2, WAS, etc) accordingly.

If you power off the system without letting the system cleanly shutdown each service, then you could run into problems such as corrupted files, which can mean corrupted database tables, WAS configuration files, and corrupted operating system files.

Make sure you have a good backup strategy in place.

Regards,
Anthony.

Comments
Sunny Kumar commented Nov 12 '17, 10:14 p.m.

I am using linux server fir both clm and db2

And shutdown from shutdown option in linux system

Then will it automatically shutdown all services

Anthony Corrente commented Nov 13 '17, 5:09 p.m. | edited Nov 13 '17, 5:16 p.m.

Make sure that your Linux system has the shutdown scripts for DB2 and WAS/CLM.

These should be located in /etc/rc.d/init.d and installed via the chkconfig facility.
I don't know if DB2 and WAS have such scripts, you might need to write these yourself.

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.