It's all about the answers!

Ask a question

ifix installation clarification

Lukas Kolbe (112) | asked Jun 26 '18, 2:33 p.m.

Hi,

this may be a stupid question, but nevertheless (since ifixes are supposed to be easy compared to what was before ...):

To install a CLM iFix, e.g. 6.0.5 iFix 6 on a Liberty-based single-server installation - do I have to follow all of the steps in the readme contained within the iFix or is it enough to follow the first step
"1. SERVER PATCH INSTRUCTIONS"?

To me, it seems the following steps regarding DCC, LQE, ... seem redundant and very tedious.
Kind regards,
Lukas

One answer

permanent link
Daniel Barbour (250323) | answered Jun 26 '18, 2:58 p.m.

In my experience, you should at least read through all the instructions and follow those that are applicable.  Each user's situation will differ but given the fact that each new iFix contains all prior iFixes it is highly possible that some of the instructions will have already been implemented if the earlier iFixes had already been installed.  Repeating those again won't hurt - but would certainly be unnecessary.  For me - unless I am positive that the changes in the current iFix match those from a prior one - I just follow all of the steps. 

Also - always be sure to perform the repotools-xxx -clean command for every application you have installed. 

Your answer

Register or to post your answer.

Dashboards and work items are no longer publicly available, so some links may be invalid. We now provide similar information through other means. Learn more here.